TREK TO THE WATERFALL & INKA SITE OF PEROLNIYOC FROM CUSCO – FULL DAY
This trek to the waterfall & Inka Site of Perolniyoc is an out of the ordinary tour which mixes the cultural with the ecotourism. A tour that will take you deep into the Sacred Valley and appreciate one of the spectacular works of nature hidden in a forest of abundant vegetation, you can cool off in its crystal-clear waters. Also, we will know the archaeological center that sits upon the top of the waterfall, Racaypata or Perolniyoc.
First, we will pick you up from the hotel at 8 a.m. to take you along the route of the Sacred Valley of the Incas in an approximately 1 hour and a half until you reach Inca city of Ollantaytambo. We will make a short stop to make use of services and buy some snacks. Then, we will continue our tour en route to the small town of Socma, which is only 25 minutes. We will begin the trek to the archaeological center of Racaypata (3,550 masl / 11,646 feet). On the way, we will appreciate the daily life of the inhabitants of the area and their animals. Our guide will explain to us about this archaeological center, its construction is based on stones and mud.
After the visit, we will begin the descent through the Andean landscapes towards the spectacular waterfall of Perolniyoc (3,460 masl / 11,351 feet), this waterfall has a drop altitude of approximately 100 meters, in which we can enjoy nature. If you are animated, you can take a little dip in its crystalline waters. You will enjoy the landscape and the beautiful views that you will get; you will be able to observe some typical birds of the Sacred Valley. Finally, we will come back to Cusco to leave you at your hotel.
OR you can take the train in the afternoon to Aguas Calientes from Ollantaytambo, to visit Machu Picchu the next day
- Round-trip transportation
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Box Lunch
Things to bring:
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen with a High Sun Protection Factor
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Cameras and films
What do we need when you make a reservation?
- Full name as it is written in your passport.
- Scanned copy of your passport.
- Departing date for the trail.
- We ask for a 40% deposit, sending to us via visa or Pay Pall online through this website:+5,5 % or Wetravel 4,5 % (cost credit cards charge us) The balance you will pay at our office in Cusco before the start of the trek. We accept cash USD or credit card (+5,5%)