Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
By booking or participating in a tour and any related products or services (a “Tour”) with SOUTH AMERICA PLANET, you (“you”) agree to these Terms and Conditions
- Your reservation is confirmed and a contract exists when Southamericaplanet issues a written confirmation after receiving the corresponding deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and notify the tour operator or authorized agent immediately of any incorrect or incomplete information. Make sure that the names are exactly those that appear in the corresponding passport
- You will pay a deposit that is not refundable in any case. In the event of cancellation, after deduction of the costs incurred, taking into account the cancellation conditions, this will be made available for another reservation from our range until 1 year after the cancellation (Other cancellation conditions apply for Incatrail and flights)
- You will be asked to show the original passport (not a copy) with which you booked, at the checkpoint to enter the Inca Trail Hotel, Airport Buses, Train etc. If you originally booked with an old passport and then renewed your passport, you must also bring your expired passport or a copy along with your new valid passport to allow entry or you will be denied entry to the Inca trail.
- It is the responsibility of the passenger: To have a passport with a valid date (The expiration date must be at least 6 months after visiting Peru or Bolivia).
- The only acceptable identity document to receive a student discount is the international university card with a clear expiration date that must be from the same year as the walk. Cards with an expiration date of the following year, even if they are clearly valid, will not be accepted by the Peruvian government. You must present a copy of this card at the time of booking.
CANCELLATIONS IN GENERAL
Cancellations: Your deposit is 100% non-refundable. If you need to cancel for any reason, as your trip start date approaches, there may be an additional cost. There are absolutely no exceptions (we do not accept medical notes of any kind) as expenses are non-reimbursable.
ONCE BOOKED, DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
RULES FOR INCA TRAIL TOURS AND OTHER HIKES
-PERMITS: The permits for the Inca Trail are in your name and cannot be transferred to another person under any circumstances. Change of dates is also not possible once the permit has been purchased. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that this is a regulation of the Peruvian government and not AE (or any agency).
-In extreme cases when the “Inca Trail to Machu Picchu” is declared closed for security reasons, SOUTH AMERICA PLANET tries to replace your trek with an alternative trek if circumstances allow.
-Those who reserved the PERMISSIONS with a student card must carry that card with them on the walk. If you do not show this card to the park rangers, you will not be allowed onto the trail.
You must inform SOUTH AMERICA PLANET of any medical problems or allergies you may have. You must be in good physical health and if your health is in doubt, you should consult a doctor. If you are over 70 years of age, you will need to provide us with an up-to-date medical certificate of good health.
-You are responsible for evaluating if a Tour is suitable for you. You should consult your doctor to confirm your fitness to travel and participate in the planned activities. You should seek your doctor’s advice on vaccinations and medical precautions. The tour operator does not provide medical advice . It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the trip based on your own circumstances, limitations, physical condition and medical requirements.
-SOUTH AMERICA PLANET reserves the right to deny you permission to travel or participate in any aspect of the trip at any time and at your own risk when the tour operator determines that your physical or mental condition incapacitates you to travel or that you represent a danger for yourself or for others .
-Pregnancy is considered a medical condition and must be disclosed to the tour operator at the time of booking. The company can refuse to transport women who are more than 24 weeks pregnant. The tour operator may refuse to transport any person suffering from certain medical conditions if reasonable accommodation or alternatives cannot be arranged.
It is recommended to take out travel insurance to protect yourself in the event of a medical emergency or trip cancellation .
TOURS AND WALKS
- All balances must be paid in cash or PayPal (in full) before the briefing to be held the night before the tour. PayPal, which carries a 5.5% service fee.
- You must notify your guide if you want to leave the group or the camping area to go on independent walks or sightseeing. If you have any problems with the services of the guide or the tour, please notify the guide at that time, so that any problem can be resolved.
- All Adventure Treks include transportation to Cusco. The return route depends on the availability of the train.
- If you get sick or injured on the way and cannot continue, a porter will be provided to escort you back to an area with emergency assistance capability. Helicopter transfers and medical assistance are the responsibility of the hiker. If you are unable to complete the tour due to illness, we will help you meet your group at Machu Picchu to restart your tour at that point. There will be no refund of the original payment.\
- SOUTH AMERICA PLANET will take all reasonable care to provide our clients with the prevention of accidents, illnesses and loss of personal property, and will only employ duly qualified personnel. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. However, SOUTH AMERICA PLANET cannot be held responsible for the actions of third parties. You are fully responsible for your personal property and rented equipment.
- SOUTH AMERICA PLANET is not responsible for unfavorable weather conditions, natural disasters, strikes, accidents, illnesses, injuries, loss of personal belongings, etc. It is the client’s responsibility to have insurance that covers this type of event. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- SOUTH AMERICA PLANET may modify your itinerary when reasonably necessary at its sole discretion.
- Group trips can be up to 16 participants. Groups are open to everyone, regardless of ability or age. By accepting a group tour, you acknowledge that others may change the speed and timing of the tour.
– THE CLIENT MUST SIGN A SYMPTOM SHEET, A SWORN STATEMENT SHEET OF ACCEPTANCE OF THE SERVICE AND AN INFORMATION SHEET AT THE TIME OF THE BRIEFING/ THIS IS REGULATED BY THE MINISTERIAL RESOLUTION RVM-03 2018
Terms and Conditions
GROUP TOUR, INDIVIDUAL TOUR, JUNGLE
The information in the programs is fixed and confirmed, it can only change under the following circumstances.
- when changes are clearly emailed to the traveler prior to signing the contract
- if after the contract there was a written agreement with both parties
- the travel agent has to change the route due to landslides, strikes, bad weather, etc., and has to change the schedule.
The client is required to take care of the visa and must have a valid international passport, which is valid for at least 6 months after their travels. The passport must also have a minimum of 2 empty pages for entry and exit stamps. You are responsible for the medical part, vaccinations and you need to be in good health before starting the trip. When the traveler gives us wrong information, in relation to the passport number, for example, in the reservation in Inca Trail / Bus Tickets, flights, etc., the traveler must pay the additional cost to change all the documents.
This statement is valid as a contract.
The price agreed in the contract is fixed with all the services described in the program. The client has to read and accept. After this, the form is valid as a contract.
The price in the contract can be in EURO or Dollars. The price in the contract is fixed.
Only when the parties agree on the booking voucher, the client must pay 40% of the total amount in advance as a deposit. The rest must be paid 5 weeks before departure. If the client reserves 1 month before departure, he must pay the total amount directly. This only in packages and group tours. In Inca Trail reservations, the client pays the other 60% 1 or 2 days before the trek in cash in US dollars at our office in Cusco. If you use credit card for 60%, there is an additional cost of 5.5%
The customer can hand over his travel package to another person before departure. This person has to accept our rules and sign a new contract. The client must inform South America Planeta as soon as possible if there are any changes. The client and the new person have to pay all the costs that South America Planet makes to make these changes plus the amount of the tour. This is not possible for Inca Trail, flights and train tickets. In those items it is impossible to change the departure date, name or passport number, the train ticket and trekking permits will not be refunded. If the client cancels the reservation up to 16 days before the start of the trek. The client must pay 312 usd each person for the cancellation for the Incatrail of 4 days and 312 usd each to cancel the 2 days of Inca Trail, 15 days before departure or on the Incatrail no refund possible. The trek is in an international group (between 4 and 16 people in the group), any problem such as strike, late departure is not the responsibility of South America Planet, it is an adventure trek.
If the customer requests to make changes to their program, South America Planet may request extra money to make these changes.
If before departure, South America Planet has to change the program, or cannot complete a part of the tour, South America Planet must inform the clients as soon as possible that the client has the right to break the contract if the client does not accept the changes. South America Planet can only collect the cost of what they have already done. Depending on how long before arrival are the changes.-The client must inform South America Planet as soon as possible about his decision.-When the client accepts the changes, he must sign a new contract, with the additional changes added and the new price .-When the client does not accept the changes, then South America Planet and the client will look for an acceptable financial solution.
If South America Planet BEFORE the tour starts, this is canceled for special reasons like war, natural disaster, strike, bad weather, at that time South America Planet will refund the money to the customer, less the cost you already paid to start this trip . If during the tour, we have to cancel for the same reason, no refund is possible and the additional cost to continue the tour is for the customer.
When there are circumstances in the tour that we have to change the program different from the contract, for any reason, such as customer’s safety, transport strike, road block. We will look for an alternative, to please the client. The additional cost for changing the program and continuing the tour is always paid by the client. We are not responsible for strikes or natural disasters.
The customer always has the right to totally break the parts of the contract. When the traveler decides, for any reason, to break the contract, he has to pay the cost that South America Planet made to organize his tour. The client is obliged to have good travel insurance. We are not responsible for damages in car accidents or trekking. That is why we oblige each client to have good travel insurance. The amount that the client must pay to break the contract may be the maximum total price of the booked tour.
The travel agent is responsible for providing the booked tour as it is in the contract with all things described in the Tour. He is also responsible for services provided through other agencies.
The traveler is responsible for any damage to the hotels, materials and tents during the trek, the material provided to the client and has to pay the additional cost to repair again.
The client is fully responsible for his own luggage or personal things. South America Planet is never responsible for theft in hotels or transportation or during a trek. The travel agent must help the client to solve this problem. South America Planet is not responsible for accidents on buses or on the road. Travelers are required to have good travel insurance before arriving in South America.
Complaints before the trip must be reported as soon as possible. If there are complaints during the customer, you should contact the South America Planet office in Cusco directly at 0051 84 251145. South America Planet will be able to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If the office did not resolve the complaint, then the client has to fill out a form when they arrive in Cusco at the office, so that we can find the best solution. Complaints that are not written in the office in Cusco or by email during your tour, will not be accepted after the tour. In our office in Cusco you will find our claim book.
The client declares that South America Planet and its workers can never be held responsible for any damage to the human body or deaths after participating in adventure sports such as mountain biking, rock climbing, trekking, canyoning and buggy rafting or any other excursions. Also, any body damage after the tour is not our responsibility.
A reservation is only confirmed after receiving the mandatory 40% deposit
If the client buys flights, local or international in a tour or individual, there will be no refund of the flight, once the tickets have been issued. Airlines may collect an additional fuel charge prior to departure. It depends on the international oil market prices. We are not responsible for flight delays or overbooking.
A new law requires minors staying in hotels and other lodging establishments to be accompanied by a parent or an adult who is officially responsible for them. In the latter case, the adult must be able to show official documents. With this law, the government aims to protect minors from any type of sexual exploitation. We are sharing this news with you because your customers who are traveling with, for example, their grandchildren or friends of their children may need to take additional steps.
The cancellation of packages and round trips from the day of reservation up to 56 days before departure costs 15% of the total amount. Cancellation between 56 and 42 days before departure costs 30% of the total amount, from 42 to 28 days before departure costs 50%, from 28 to 14 days before departure costs 75% and from 14 to 10 days before departure will cost 90% from the total amount. If you cancel within 9 days before departure, you will have to pay 100% and there is no refund. so we recommend that you take good insurance. Once the domestic or international flights are issued and we have the digital tickets, there are NO refunds for the flights. For Incatrail, once we purchase the permits, there is no refund on the permits. Train tickets charge a change fee.
Article 24 Environment
We only leave our mark and travel with respect for nature, but also for local customs and traditions. Protecting and preserving nature is everyone’s task. Recycle where necessary, limit the use of water and electricity. Do not leave plastic, paper and other waste, recycle them at the designated collection points.
GROUP SOUTH AMERICA PLANET
1/Amazing Holidays Tours
RUC : 20600751850
2/America Trek SAC
Office Cusco, Perú
- CALLE SAN AGUSTIN #307/ OFF. 116 dept. F/ Operations + Trekking
- Tel: +51 84 251145
- Google Maps
- Office: Monday to Friday. Saturday till 1pm – Sunday closed.
- Business hours: 8 AM to 1 PM and 4 PM to 8 PM.
- Email: email@example.com
- Skype: southamericaplanet
- Cel phone: (+51) 984 112 504
- WhatsApp: (+51) 984 577 011