HUCHUY QOSQO TREK FULL DAY FROM CUSCO
This is a fantastic full-day trek in the Cusco region.
This is a perfect complement to traditional sightseeing tours as it allows travelers to enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery that surrounds Cusco and amazing views of the Sacred Valley of the incas.
Full Day Trek
- Duration: 6 – 7 Hours
Pick up from the your hotel and transfer to Chinchero, from there we drive to Tauca comunity, that is the starting point of your trek. You will start hiking uphill surrounded by beautiful mountains, with the presence of llamas, alpacas, and lovely views of the Piuray Lagoon until you reach the only mountain pass at 4500m/14760ft. You will then descend along a restored Inca Trail for approximately 01 hour towards the small Andean community of Pukamarca (4010m/13153ft). From there, you will walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where you will find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at 3600m/11808ft. You will arrive there by early afternoon.
Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a large open ceremonial center, from which you will enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota River, and the snow capped mountain range of the same name. While in the complex, you will receive a guided tour, after which you will continue your way to Lamay at 3000m/9840ft. Lamay is a town dedicated to agriculture. In the afternoon, you will be transferred to your hotel in Cusco
- Guided excursion in English
- Lunch Box
- Entrance ticket to Huchuy Qosqo.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Drinks and Tips.
- Travel Insurance – You are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What do we need when you make a reservation?
- Full name as it is written in your passport.
- Scanned copy of your passport.
- Departing date for the trail.
- We ask for a 40% deposit, sending to us via visa or Pay Pall online through this website:+5,5 % or Wetravel 4,5 % (cost credit cards charge us) The balance you will pay at our office in Cusco before the start of the trek. We accept cash USD or credit card (+5,5%)