JUCHUYCOCHA LAKE – CHICON GLACIER, 1 DAY TREK
We start the day of adventure at our hotel from Cusco (however, it is recommended that you are staying in Urubamba) for this trek.The beginning of the trail is at the end of the Urubamba Chicon rural highway.
We start our walk, the first part is quite easy and approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. This brings us to the beginning of the path. From here, the walk is quite steep and we will cross three very impressive Rock formations, with zig zag curves. The last long ascent of the path to the lake is approximately 3 hours. Along this last path, we will see impressive views to the Chicon glaciers with the beautiful Sacred Valley
behind us. Arriving at Laguna Juchuycocha we will see how the colour varies depending on the angle of the sun. Here we will rest and enjoy our boxed lunch and explore the area. From Laguna Juch
uycocha you may also want to continue walking uphill along the same path that takes a few minutes to reach a second lake. Here we can enjoy impressive views of the Sacred Valley and continuing further we approach the glacier and a third green lake. If you are not too tired, this extra walk is well worth the effort for the beautiful views. We return along the same path, enjoying views of the Urubamba Valley. The descent will be quite fast. In all, 8 hours of walking to enjoy this hike. We return to your hotel.
- Departure: Cusco
- Arrival: Cusco
- Availability: MAY TO OCTOBER
- Height level: Min 3,362 m / Max 4,774 m above sea level.
- Professional guides
- Transportation: We use private buses and minivans; very comfortable and with all the safety accessories according to the number of tourists, our driver has many years of experience.
- Lunch Box.
- Vegetation option available.
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen balloon.
- Tip for the guide, Driver
- Entree fee
What you need to bring:
- A personal backpack for the day
- Suitable clothing for hiking: waterproof and comfortable shoes for long walks, rain jacket or rain poncho.
- Canteen with water.
- Toilet paper, hand sanitizer gel. These two items are very important.
- Personal medications, within this list also includes muscle relaxants, tablets for altitude sickness and headache.
- A sunscreen, sunglasses, hat or caps.