Any visit to Paracas is a crowd-pleaser for sea and sand lovers. But, there is more to the beach-side resort town than the hidden coves of the Paracas National Reserve and tours of the Galapagos-esque Ballesta Islands. For something entirely unique, embark our newest tour: an incomparable experience to a local scallop farm where you can fish for your own lunch. There is no doubt about it, this will be the culinary highlight of your Paracas adventure.
A Farm to Table Culinary Experience
For a farm to table experience like nothing you’ve done before, hop onto a premium motorboat and cruise to the ultimate, undisclosed location at a nearby locally-owned scallop farm. Here, you’ll get the rare chance to literally dive into the local mariculture, scooping up your own lunch from the sea.
Activity itinerary and description:
- Meeting point: Hotel Paracas, a Luxury Collection Resort private pier.
- Departure time: depending on the daily availability.
- Visit to the Atenas beach (15 min from the hotel).
- Explanation on the collection process, life time and care of the shells.
- Natural shells tasting on the boat.
- Return to the Hotel. Second tasting at the pier restaurant “Chalana”: tasting of 6 shells varieties.
- On the boat: Glass of wine / Mineral water. Natural shell per person.
- At Chalana Restaurant: Tasting of 6 shells varieties (aji amarillo – rocoto – natural – chalaca – ponzu – grilled with pisco butter). 1 glass of white wine per person.
- Transfer to the hotel( you can walk)
- Wednesday and Saturday – from 8:00 to 13:00 hrs. (due to the daily availability).
- Approximate duration: 2 hours.
- Minimum: 2 pax.
- Maximum: 10 pax.
- Shared service.
- Bring camera, sunscreen, windbreaker, and sunglasses.
- Eat a light breakfast.
- We kindly ask guests to arrive at the dock 15 minutes before scheduled departure so we can register all passengers with the port authority.