The Zafiro Cruise boat at the Amazon river
FEEL ITS HEARTBEAT FROM A TRULY PRIVILEGED PERSPECTIVE
amazing jungle experience, in Iquitos, north Peru
Sailing aboard the Zafiro is embarking on a unique journey into the depths of the Peruvian Amazon jungle. Here there is room for you to disconnect, relax and discover. Aboard Zafiro, comfort is part of the essence of the experience.
The spacious panoramic windows that characterize our suites, together with our open relaxing areas, make the Zafiro an extension of the Amazon; from where you will admire every last detail of the immense and diverse spectacle that the Amazon rainforest represents every day, and every night.
The culinary scene is also one of the great protagonists aboard Zafiro. On board the cruise you will take part in a unique culinary experience based purely on Amazonian foods.
The Amazonian journeys, with the help of our expert guides, form part of the most genuine way to get close up to the fauna and flora of the Amazon; allowing you to discover and feel in your own skin, the cultures built around the waters that flow through the rivers.
4 Nights Cruise Itinerary ( ask us for the 3 nights and the 7 nights program)
Departure Saturday: High Water Season | December – May / Departure on Saturday: Low Water Season | June – November ( ask for High water season )
Five days and four nights exploring the wonderful Amazon, the Marañón and Ucayali rivers and their tributaries. The Pacaya Samiria Reserve will be the perfect scenario for a trip into the most exotic areas nature has to offer. As we enter the world’s largest flooded forest, we will admire the extraordinary wildlife, the immense number of primate species, the hundreds of colorful exotic birds, the close-up view of the gray and pink dolphins, visit to local villages, nocturnal wildlife safaris, visit to the Manatee Rescue Center and many additional activities that will allow you to get to know and fall in love with the incredible Amazon.
Day 1 – Saturday: NAUTA – SAN JOAQUÍN DE OMAGUAS – AMAZON RIVER
Day 2 – Sunday: PACAYA SAMIRIA NATIONAL RESERVE – AMAZON RIVER – UCAYALI AND MARAÑÓN RIVER CONFLUENCE – MARAÑÓN RIVER – NAUTA CREEK
Day 3 – Monday: MARAÑÓN RIVER – YANAYACU OF PUCATE – SAN REGIS
Day 4 – Tuesday: MARAÑÓN RIVER – SAMIRIA RIVER – SAN REGIS
Day 5 – Wednesday: MARAÑÓN RIVER – NAUTA TOWN – DISEMBARK IN NAUTA – IQUITOS
The itineraries are subject to change according to climatic conditions at certain times of the year. The excursions can be modified at the discretion of the Zafiro crew.
Terms & Conditions
- Rates are expressed in US Dollars, per person, based on double occupancy.
- Single Supplement is 50% in addition to the adult rate.
- Child policy: 7 years old minimum on all departure. Children aged 11 or under are eligible for a 50% discount from the adult rate. Children must be accompanied for one or two adults in the same suite maximum one child per suite adult rate. The Zafiro suite accepts 2 children maximum.
- 1 night accommodation Hotel – City of Iquitos. (Only 8D/7N and 5D/4N Itineraries).
- Welcome lunch is included before boarding at our Double Tree by Hilton Iquitos hotel.
- All meals while on board the Zafiro.
- All excursions & equipment (including rubber boots & rain ponchos).
- Entrance fee to Pacaya Samiria National Reserve
Transfers from / to the airport on the recommended flights. In case the passengers stay in Iquitos city hotels– please inform the sales & reservations department to coordinate the pick up or drop off service
- Sodas, natural juices, coffee, tea, water, local alcoholic beverages (house wines, beer and pisco cocktails) are included at lunch and dinner.
- Welcome drink: Pisco Sour.
- Domestic flights.
Cost of medical emergencies (including evacuation).
- GRATUITIES. On board Zafiro we recommend an amount in the range of USD 20 – USD 30 per passenger per night for the crew (to be divided among all the crew members) and between USD 7 – USD 10 per passenger per night for the guides.
- Please note that these amounts are suggested and that this is entirely at the discretion of our guests.
- Any additional transportation services.
- Any additional bar consumption.
Fit Reservations & Payments
- Reservations made 91 days or more prior to departure: A deposit of USD$ 500.00 per person is required to confirm the booking on the Zafiro. Non refundable deposit.
- The final balance is required 90 days prior to the departure day. If payment is not received on time, the reservation(s) will be automatically released.
- Reservations made 90 days or less prior to departure: A full and non-refundable payment is required to confirm the booking.
Fit Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations made 121 days or more prior to departure: Deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancellations made 120 to 91 days prior to departure: Deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancellations made 90 days or less prior to departure: Full payment will be applied as cancellation penalty.
- Our rates allow date change for one year from the date of purchase.
- Our rates allow change of passenger name, this change can be made for one year from the date of purchase.
- Changes of dates will be made according to the availability of the day of the request. Changes subject to availability.
- We applies a penalty of $ 400 for changes made to the reservation (travel date, passenger names, itineraries or others). This penalty will be applied for each time you request a change in the reservation.