Botanical garden lodge Iquitos/ jungle tour Iquitos, Peru
Tropical Cedar 4 days 3 nights
It is located 80 km from the city of Iquitos, sailing the Amazon River downstream. Near the mouth of the Napo River, whose source is in the part of the Equator.
It has 15 cabins fully protected against the entry of insects or mosquitoes, all with their own bathroom. Electric light from 18 to 22 hours, after that time the lighting is through solar energy. It has double, triple, matrimonial and quadruple cabins. Spacious living room and hammocks for rest and relaxation. A large and refreshing pool with area for children and adults. It is located on the banks of a stream or tributary of the Amazon River, in whose waters during the rainy season from December to July there are interesting canoe trips, observing birds, flora and doing the fun fishing of catfish, sardines and voracious piranhas.
The botanical environment is impressive since it has many plants with medicinal power that the ribereños continue using them to cure their ailments, such as cat’s claw, clove huasca, uvos, garlic sacha, grade blood, capirona, guayaba, chiriczanango and the ancestral Ayahuasca.
It has a large round hut with a diameter of 15 meters in the “MALOCA YAGUA” style specially designed for the ritual ceremony of the Ayahuasca. This Eco Lodge can be rented to groups that wish to perform these ceremonies privately for the necessary time. We have all the necessary clothing.
Our BILINGUAL and STAFF GUIDES are born from the Amazonian rivera, with this we guarantee a quality service since they are very knowledgeable about the secrets of the jungle. In the contour of a nocturnal fire will transmit stories and myths of the jungle.
The area of flora and fauna under the control and protection of this Eco Lodge is approximately 55 hectares, being a natural reserve since the year 2000.
Day 1: Amazon River – Cattery of Paiches
Reception at the Iquitos airport, brief pedestrian city tour (at the beginning or end of the tour). Transfer to our private jetty to board the fast boat bound for Cumaceba Botanical Garden, on the way we will observe, houseboats (Nov-Jul), union of the Itaya rivers and the Natural Wonder Amazon River, we will make a stop to start the first tour visit to the Paiche Hatchery largest freshwater fish, observe the largest aquatic lilac in the world “La Victoria Regia”, short break to enjoy a refreshing coconut water, soft drinks, etc. Continuing the trip through the Amazon, arrival at the lodge, typical drink, allocation of bungalows. Typical self-service lunch
Walk to know plants and trees with medicinal power that are used by the riverside to cure their ailments and ailments, among them are the Sangre de Grado, Chirick Sanango, Uvos, Cat’s Claw, Sacha Garlic, Pichirina, Clove Huasca among others. Free time to relax using the refreshing pool. Dinner. Night excursion in Rowing Canoe or Jungle trek depending on the night river station in Cumaceba Botanical Garden
Day 2: Giant tree – Visit to the riverside village
Canoe ride or morning walk according to the season, observing birds in their habitat. Breakfast. Penetration walk through the jungle of giant trees, knowing the impressive and voluptuous Ceiba (Lupuna) and other varieties of timber trees. (Flora & Fauna) This expedition has an approximate duration of 4 hours. Return to the Lodge. Typical self-service lunch In the afternoon, we will tour the Amazon River and visit the San Juan riverside farmhouse, where we will get to know its small school and the daily activities of its inhabitants, fruit plants and banana plantations, cassava, etc. According to the weather conditions we will observe an impressive sunset, located in a privileged place. Night canoe ride according to the season, listening to the sounds of the rainforest. Dinner. Night at Cumaceba Botanical Garden.
Day 3: Visit to Trapiche artisan + Napo River
Breakfast. Boat excursion through the Amazon River to the mouth of the Napo river to the Amazon in the town and district of Francisco de Orellana, who discovered the Amazon in 1535. Box Lunch on board, you can fish and watch dolphins. Upon return, they will visit an Amazonic inhabitant who leads an artisan Trapiche, demonstration and participation of tourists in the extraction of sugarcane juice that the inhabitants use to make derivatives such as cane rum and molasses. Return and Relax using the refreshing Pool. Dinner and overnight at Cumaceba Botanical.
Day 4: CBG – Island of the Monkeys – Iquitos
Breakfast. Time indicated visit a river dweller to know their customs and daily activities. Return to CBG and farewell lunch at the edge of the pool. Return to the city of Iquitos, before we will visit the private conservation project called “The Island of the Monkeys” We will appreciate species of Monkeys that are threatened as the Monkey CHORO, the Monkey ARAÑA, COTO Monkey or Howler, Monkey TOCON and MUSMUKY, Monkey HUAPO Colorado and Black. Arrival to Iquitos and transfer to the hotel or airport. End of services.
- City – Cumaceba Amazon Lodge: 09:00 hrs
- Cumaceba Amazon Lodge – City : after Lunch
- Take with you light-colored clothing, windbreaker, hat, goggles, water bottle, hiking shoes, flashlight, mosquito repellent, sun block, antihistamines and anti-inflammatory tablets for mosquito bites for your stay in the jungle The use of boots and plastic poncho for the rains is necessary. In the city feel free to wear clothes according to your taste.
- Please let us know about any restriction on your food and / or any health condition you may have to prevent and avoid complications in the jungle excursions.
- Children travel with parents, it is recommended from 3 years
- Vaccines are not mandatory. All our excursions are developed in non ENDEMIC areas free of epidemics like malaria, dengue and yellow fever. You can be vaccinated at your 10 days before your trip to the jungle. Ask your Doctor.
- You may leave any extra baggage in our office for the days you will be in the jungle, likewise it is recommended not to carry more than S/. 200 soles for expenses in the lodge. In case of having valuables declare them to the personnel in charge.
- The company is not responsible for losses of objects and accessories that are under your responsibility and that have not been declared or placed in custody, it is recommended to carry in a personal bag (backpack) all these personal objects, as well as documents and money. If there is an incident, immediately notify the Lodge manager, for the immediate solution, otherwise there will be no claim after the service has been completed ..
- The lodge Lodge, provides electricity from 18:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. to charge batteries of electronic equipment, such as cameras, cell phones, camcorders, among others.
- FOR THE EXCURSIONS: Please pay attentions and follow the indications of the guide for the excursions. The orden of such may vary depending on weather conditions. The average temperature in Iquitos fluctuates between 28° and 35° degrees celsius.
- It is completely forbidden to carry weapons of any kind that could put your life and others in danger.
- HOTELS IN IQUITOS: If booked directly from you please make the arrangements regarding pick up and drop off times. We do not take responsibility for the breach of the hotel or any other service booked separately.
- IMPORTANT: MANDATORY use of life jackets during river and / or canoeing. We is not responsible for loss, delay or cancellation of flight, applies for transfer by extra city – jungle or accommodation in city by passenger account. There is no refund or night at a city hotel if the pax returns from the jungle before scheduled date.
- TIMETABLE: City to Lodge – Every day at 09:00 am. Return to Iquitos – Right after lunch. Estimated arrival at 15:45 pm