General information individual tours
What to bring with you
* We advise to travel as light as possible, around 15 to 18kg a person, we prefer a backpack or travel bag, we don’t like suitcases while they are hard to travel with in local transport and buses.
* Clothes, in this tour we go from the coast to the highlands, in June it’s Winter, so it can be cold at night and at high altitudes, so be prepared for cold and warm weather, good walking shoes, sunscreen, waterproof clothing, alarm clock, lip salve, personal medication, travel dictionary and don’t forget, if there is something you miss, you can always buy it cheaper in Peru! Don’t forget money and your passport!
* We advise to bring with you, pocket money, in a combination of travel checks/ cash and credit card. This money is for the cost of the excursions and the meals in the restaurants, also some money for souvenirs, this is just an indication of what you might spend, everyone is different!
* The money in Peru is the Nuevo sol, Bolivia is Boliviano, Argentina is Peso. The EURO is widely accepted around Peru and Bolivia; you better bring around 150 USD to pay the excursions /airport tax and entrance fees, the rest in Euros. In Argentina you better bring more Cash USD , because its not possible to withdraw USD.
* Credit cards like Master card & Visa are widely accepted, everywhere we will go has ATM machines.
* No visa is necessary for countries of Western Europe /Asia/North or South – America/Australia/New Zealand or South Africa. With a valid passport the tourist card allows you up to 90 days in Peru.
The Andes mountains have a lot of influence at the climate in Peru. The coast is one big dry desert, the Andes have high temperatures in springtime/daytime if the sun shines, in the evenings it can be cold. The best time to travel is dry season, from May till October. The temperatures are some lower, but the sky is mostly clear with less rain. But be prepared, showers can happen all year around! In Argentina the best time to go is from November to March.
Altitude sickness can happen to anyone, but after 2 days you should get used to the altitude. You might feel some headaches, but we climb slowly. PS: People who have heart or lung problems need to consult your doctor before travelling to high altitudes. Peru doesn’t ask officially vaccinations, exception for Manu: for Manu and in the jungle you have to take the yellow fever vaccine. Also Bolivia asks for proof of your yellow fever vaccine to enter the country. We advise that you take some vaccinations such as: Hepatitis A & DTP (diphtheria, tetanus, polio); you have to start taking these vaccinations about 6 weeks before departure. Also don’t drink tap water!
South America planet wants you to enjoy your holiday of a lifetime with complete success. Please read the following conditions carefully as it is your contract with South America planet. We don’t want to worry you, but we like to be very clear! Because of the adventures character of this tour, some unexpected circumstances can appear. That’s why we might have to change the program or parts of it. South America planet does everything to follow the booked program, but it can appear that for example, roads are not possible to drive because of heavy rain, buses break down, local flights are cancelled or are delayed or strikes of all the transport. We only change the program to guaranty the safety of our clients, and in communication with the client. We reserve the right to change the program before or on the day of the tour like, day schedules, hotels, transport or excursions. The changes in the program happen mostly in conversation with the client, but South America planet always have the final decision. If there are some changes before departure, then everybody of the group gets an email with the changes clearly indicated. The extra travel or hotel costs are for the members of the tour. In normal circumstances, you always follow the official program. Our prices do not include, international flights, meals not specified in your itinerary, personal expenses, personal insurance, and tips. South America Planet will not pay compensation if forced to cancel or change your tour because of war, threat of war, riot, civil strike, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or extreme weather conditions, epidemics or health risks, technical or maintenance problems with transport, closed or congested airports or ports, changes imposed by re-scheduling or cancellation of flights by airlines, the alteration of airlines or aircraft types, or similar events beyond the control of South America planet. The client is also responsible for personal belongings. Clients undertake the tours, treks or expeditions, featured in our programs, at their own risk.
This information is part of the contract with South America planet. Read it well before booking! Clients must be in possession of, and are responsible for arranging a valid passport. Information about these matters or related items (climate, clothing, baggage, etc) is given in good faith but South America Planet cannot be held responsible for any of this information.
How to make a reservation?
The easiest way to reserve a tour is by filling in the reservation form, just click the booking this tour botton. Some days after we receive your reservation, we will confirm the reservation. Then we will ask 40 % deposit of the total amount. the other 60%, you can pay 5 weeks before departure. This payment you can pay to our Peruvian bank. After payment you will receive a paper with confirmation of your payment. After full payment you will receive the address of the first hotel in Lima. A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when South America planet sends out a confirmation invoice (once we have received your deposit) at which point a contract exists and the deposit becomes non-refundable and non-transferable. Give us also your telephone number to contact you if there are any last minute changes. If the price was in EURO, this price stil can change if 1 Euro go below 1 USD.
Changes and extension possibilities
* It is possible to arrive earlier, also to depart later. This you have to tell us in advance together with your reservation, so we ca arrange something for you.
* This is just an example and we can make some changes wherever you like!
Clients are obligated and responsible for ensuring with adequate cover for the full duration of the tour in respect of medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation or cancellation. It is our policy to check the validity and cover of your insurance policy and we hold the right to refuse travel to anyone whose insurance does not satisfy these criteria. We have an office in Peru/Cusco where there are always people working and its always possible to contact them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergencies. They know their country better than we do and have the best contacts! We have 2 offices in Peru, Cusco and Lima.
Should the client wish to cancel, cancellation charges will be imposed. These are calculated from the day the written notification is received by South America planet.
The charges are shown below:
56 or more days before departure: 15% deposit
56 to 42 days before departure: 30% of total price
28 days to 14 days before departure: 75% of total price
14 days to 7 days : 90% of price
less than 7 days: 100%
In addition to the cancellation fees mentioned above, the full insurance premium is also payable. We strongly recommend that full insurance is taken out, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges.
Keep in mind that train tickets, Inca trail and flight tickets are never possible to be refunded.
Enjoy your tour!