San Pedro de Atacama 4 days 3 nights
Day 1 Calama – San Pedro de Atacama (-)
Reception at El Loa Airport in Calama and transfer to the town of San Pedro de Atacama passing through the Cordillera de Domeyko and de la Sal. In the afternoon, visit the Valley of the Moon, named for its similarity to the lunar landscape, and from where you can admire the different tones that the sky takes at sunset. Return to San Pedro de Atacama and accommodation.
Day 2 San Pedro de Atacama (B / L)
Breakfast at the hotel. Full day excursion to the Altiplano: We will start by visiting the Salar de Atacama, the largest in Chile and one of the largest in the world. Here we will find Laguna Chaxa where 3 different species of flamingos live. We will visit the picturesque town of Toconao where its main attraction is the Bell Tower, built in the classic Atacameño way. Then we will visit the town of Socaire and the Meñique and Miscanti Altiplanic Lagoons, located at 4,500 m.a.s.l. This area is part of the Los Flamencos National Reserve. The lagoons are surrounded by imposing volcanoes originated as a result of the rise of the Andes in remote geological times. Lunch en route. Return to San Pedro de Atacama and accommodation.
Day 3 San Pedro de Atacama (B)
Departure from the hotel at dawn (4:30 am) bound for the Tatio Geysers. Breakfast in the geysers and then start a guided walk through the geothermal field and observe the fumaroles that appear imposing at dawn. Free time to walk and return with a spectacular view of the Tocorpuri and Sairecabur volcanoes. On the way, visit the small town of Machuca, with its typical cultivation terraces, mud houses with thatched roofs, its church and its local fauna such as llamas, alpacas and flamingos. Rest of the day free. Accommodation.
Day 4 San Pedro de Atacama – Calama (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. At the agreed time, transfer to Calama airport (1:30 a.m.) to board your next flight.
End of our services
PRIVATE: Transfers and excursions in private service with guide assistance in Spanish.
SEAT IN BUS: Transfers and excursions in regular service (SIB). Transfers with driver in Spanish until March 31, 2021 and with Spanish-English guide from April 2021
Excursions with the assistance of a Spanish-English guide.
(Premium option is a semi-private service)
– Tickets to parks and museums indicated in the program. – Meals duly indicated in the program:
D = Breakfast A = Lunch / Box Lunch C = Dinner
Does not include:
– Tips to porters at the airport and hotels
– Meals not indicated in the program, drinks or extras
– Airfare and airport taxes
– During Christmas and New Years (Dec 24, 31 and Jan 01) ground services will have a 100% surcharge.
– The order of the excursions can be modified depending on the flight schedules, weather conditions or to provide a better service.
– All excursions, especially navigations, are subject to weather conditions.
– Excursions in San Pedro de Atacama, due to their development in height, are not recommended for children under 7 years of age, pregnant women, older adults and / or heart patients.
– In the Altiplano (North of Chile), during the Bolivian winter (Dec / Feb), the excursions can be modified or suspended due to excessive rain. During the winter (Jul / Aug), the excursions in height can be suspended due to the excess of snow that could cut the roads.